Gladstone Mindcare promotes improved mental health and wellbeing by empowering our community through education, information and connectivity to achieve our Vision of a community that is mentally well, resilient and stigma free.
The two main activities of Gladstone Mindcare are:
A safe and inclusive community space to ease the way for community members to access information and referral to support for mental health, alcohol and other drug challenges, reducing the feelings of stress and vulnerability that can be associated with accessing support. The diversity of our network enables the right fit of service to each individual's need. Offering the right mix of early interventions through social connection and health promotion activities and support to access more specialised treatment-based approaches if needed.
Gladstone Mindcare aims to help more people access the support they need sooner. By assisting individuals to reach the right support at the right time we can:
- provide preventative support in a timely way to avoid escalations
- tailor supports for those that would benefit from early interventions in community settings
- empower individuals to access self-managed support
- bring relief to individuals who may otherwise get lost in the process
- streamline access to services in a timely manner
- offer social connection and health promotion activities before the need to refer to professional health specialists
- avoid escalation of current experiences to more serious support needs
We operate in a collective impact model as a backbone organisation underpinned by principles of community engagement and partnership.
We are inclusive of everyone creating the community we want to live in.
As a collective impact initiative we bring together research, government and non-government organisations and the community to work collaboratively on initiatives that empower the Gladstone community to achieve measurable improvements in wellbeing.
Gladstone Mindcare was established by Collective Action Social Impact Ltd in 2019.